2/22/2007

A little bit about why I'm doing this

I think sex is an unqualified good. Now that doesn't mean that you have to have it all the time, or ever if that's your choice, but sex and sexuality are not just composed of the physical. Knowing one's desires, knowing how to take care of one's body and one's partner(s), being able to talk honestly about fundamental functions of both mind and body - that will lead us to a brighter future. I know it seems kind of grandiose, but we really must learn and talk about these things.

Communication and knowledge are the building blocks of healthy sexuality. They will lead to fewer diseases, more pleasure, more respect. Yes some people will be hateful and mean. They will look upon anything different as a moral failing. But they are and will continue to be in the minority. I am in the business of providing the means and the ways of communication and knowledge, and I hope I can educate some whose views are different, and all who come with an open mind.

I've always thought that education is one of the most important jobs out there. For sex there should certainly be mystery between partners, but there should not be a veil of secrecy drawn over a basic part of life. There are fewer comprehensive sexuality education classes out there. People need information. It needs to be accurate and free from judgment. I am not a moral authority. I am only someone who wants to teach and talk and work toward a better world. Ask me and I will do all I can.

No comments: